3.07.2008

Surprise!

Wednesday was my birthday (Sorry, my internet just magically started working again this morning, it's been out for a week) and it was a great day. Nate stayed home from work all day, we went to brunch, movie and dinner and had a great time. THEN, last night, THURSDAY, we were supposed to be going to dinner at the Melting Pot with 2 friends. Well, when we walked into the the room, there waiting for me were 14 of my best friends with a dozen roses, tons of balloons and a big "SURPRISE!". My sweet husband planned the worlds sweetest surprise birthday for me, all by himself. I had NO idea to say the least, and I admit I got teared up. We had such a great time, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face all night and my stomach hurt from laughing. Best friends, fondue and all for me? What more could a girl ask for?

Seriously though, could my husband be any sweeter? I know in "Blog World" everyone has the perfect husband and everyones lives are perfect, but I am dead serious. My husband really, truly is this thoughtful and kind. I am the luckiest girl in the world.
Thank you Nate, for a birthday I will never forget.

This is the only pic I have from last night, the restaurant took it and and gave it to me in a frame then and there! I was too lazy to take it up stairs to scan it, so I took a pic of it in Photo Booth. Ha ha. More on last night (with better pics-kaite this means you need to give me them) to come!
I LOVE ALL OF MY FRIENDS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

8 comments:

Galo Fab 5 said...

I hope you had an awesome birthday. I'm still pregnant (at least for a few more hours) so we could've made it. :) I feel bad we missed out on all the fun! But know we love you and were thinking about you. Your gift still hasn't arrived, so when it does I will call you! I hope you like it. It's kinda cheesy! Love-Kel

Lynley said...

That was a seriously fun night! We'll celebrate even more next week!

Megan Andrea said...

what a sweet guy. i am lucky to be your sister wife. i wish i could see you and celebrate your birthday with you instead of be sick and lame in dc. the end. i love you. happy b-day.

Meghan said...

Looks like you had a great birthday! So excited to have you guys over Sunday! :) I've gotta see the blonde hair in person because I almost didn't recognize you out when I drove by you today!

Nielson's said...

Happy happy birthday day Meri!! looks like you had a lot of fun!

nancy said...

Happy Birthday!

Jen Bird said...

Sounded like such a fun birthday! What a sweet husband you have. Planning a suprise party...way to go Nate! See you tomorrow night at the Sonnenbergs for dinner. Oh and church in the morning too, I'm going to be exhausted...not fun loosing that hour with nine o'clock church! I might be in pajamas!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday to you you live in a zoo. Jk I love the pics of your house though. I knew I wanted to see it. We are going to do wallpaper in our house too. I love it. I hope you had a fun time wish we were there. see you Luvs, Kris