3.17.2008

Fun Run

(Never-mind my orange hair and red face in all the pics) Is it annoying to anyone else how guys are so gosh darn good at everything? Physically I mean? Or is it just me? For instance...
Nate had a Motocross race on Friday night. He raced in two races, and he didn't get home until 3 am. Then, 5 minutes before I am about to leave for the race on Saturday morning, he decides he wants to run it with me after all (which I am totally stoked about cause I love it when he joins me for anything). And he is going to push Solee in the stroller the whole time. The man could have run the 10K, no sweat and maybe a half marathon after. When was the last time he worked out? 4 months ago. Does he ever run, ever? No. Could he have smoked me in the race instead of waiting for me? Yes. I am not jealous or anything (ha!). He is stud and I can't argue with that.
Needless to say we had a great time. The course was a little more hilly than I am used to (almost flat is what I am used to), but overall it was pretty easy. Easy in the sense that I didn't feel sick until we reached the finish line. Next time we will do the 10K. I can't seem to shake my 10 minute mile time ( I know, I am a freaking snail). But I feel better knowing I had my usual time, without my usual flat ground. Plus, people were EVERYWHERE! Walkers, old people, little kids and one girl on crutches! Yes, crutches. Was she going the full 5k? who knows. I didn't see her at the finish line however.
My cute Mom came to see us at the finish line and it was fun to see her there. It mean a lot to her that we were running for my Daddy. We all a had great time (even Solee couldn't have been happier), then we went and ate a HUGE fattening breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. We said goodbye to all the non-vegan products that were used to make our delicious breakfast (which was literally everything), and we are excited to start our new (healthier) month.
That one was for you, Dad.

9 comments:

Matt, Christie & Adilyn said...

Way to go! We don't run in our house I couldn't even do a 5k so good for you guys! Ps I want a stroller like that for Addie It lookes like Solee stayed warm.

Lynley said...

That is awesome Meri! I am running it next year even if I do have the flu!

Ashley Thalman said...

i've decided that we need to run together. i am so slow and snail-like too...
last year i did a 10k and i almost died, but i love that i did it and i would do it again for sure!
good job this saturday and yes, husbands are physically superior punks

nancy said...

Way to go. We should run some time. I am also super slow so it could work.

Lindsey Lee said...

Talk about jealous...i wish i could have done that race! Im proud of ya!! Good goin! you are lucky your hubbie will run with you...mine would rather eat brocolli( which is death to him). Anywho, play group wednesday? Ill keep you posted!

Sparks said...

It's so unfair how boys can do that. Mark: not in shape. Me: fanatical about physical health and vitality. Mark: can run five miles after not exercising for, well, forever. Me: cannot run five miles even if the prize is an entire key lime pie.

Jaime Stephens said...

That is totally true why can boys do that hmmm. Nice work I know your dad is proud! Loved seeing you today!!

Meghan said...

That's really cool, Meri! Even if you think your slow... I'm slower! haha!

Kristy said...

I love it come down and run with me. For some wierd freaky reason no one in my neighborhood runs. I love that you are so cute about your dad. Good Job! Oh P.s. I feel you on the why can guys do anything with little to no effort. So annoying