
We took off to Lake Powell last Sunday, sans the camera, so I have nothing to show for it. I was so depressed when I discovered I had left it at home. We had a very interesting Week, here is what happened in a nutshell.
* Were having a great time being lazy in Lake Powell (and surfing up a storm! I may go pro, watch out!) and then Solee wakes up early Thursday morning, 2 am-ish, sounding like she can't breath. Total croup sound. Wheezing and all.
*Nate sleeps with his hand on her chest to insure she stays alive.
*Nurses in the Bullfrog "Clinic" are 100% convinced that she has something stuck in her lungs, like a peanut or something (which would make sense cause she and I were munching on trail mix in the boat the night before)
* We decide we want our child to live so we LEAVE Lake Powell and drive ALL THE WAY to Provo THAT DAY.
*On our way home we have not one, but TWO flat tires. What would have taken us 4 and a half hours, turned into a 7 and a half hour trip home. The whole time Solee is sounding worse and I am afraid she can't breath.
*Get to the Provo ER at 9 pm, and wait for 2 hours (and a x-ray) for them to tell us that all it is is a Viral Infection in her upper respiratory system. Nothing they can do for us, it has to run its course. No medications, nothing.
*Nate curses out loud that we left Lake Powell early, but is happy that Solee is ok.
*Go to the parade the next morning, see my nephew driving my bro-in-laws car and see the car that my Dad and his students designed (XVW) driving in the parade. It was neat.
*Take four hour nap when we all get home cause the day before wore us all out so bad.
* Go to Grandma Marshall's house to watch fireworks (cause Solee is VERY contagious and can't touch other kids) and had a GREAT view of the fireworks.
*Decide to light some fireworks off of our own in Grandmas front yard.
*Nate throws a firework in front of a Fire truck(without its lights on, very sneaky) and they pull over to tell us that my Mom's house is a NO FIREWORKS zone. Whoops.
*All would have ended if we hadn't had a million firecrackers and bottle rockets in our bag. Double whoops.
*Fire guys laugh it off and tell us that we shouldn't have them, but if wanted too, we can keep them and use them "Safely" somewhere far, far away. We thought that was funny.
Wyatt in the Drivers Seat. Such a stud.
My Dad's car.
This sign made us all Choke up.
Grandma Marshall, Me and Solee
BUSTED. "Um, no officer, I didn't know firecrackers were illegal?" HA! My Mom trying to come to Nate's defense, acting the part of the lamb of innocence.
7 comments:
So glad Solee is okay. I love the picture you used for your blog banner.
Sounds like a blast. We are glad Solee will get better soon. Lukey is a virus magnet, so guess it's good we don't see you very often. :) Hint, hint.
Meri Meri...also known only to me in high school as blubber butt. It was a cute nickname for one of the sweetest girls I had ever had as a friend. If you don't remember me then HOW DARE YOU!! Only kidding...I was known to only you as stink breath. We were sweet girls. This is Sara Clark (Fowler now). Kristin Nuttall let me know where to find your blog and see your cute family!
WOW, what a crazy trip! Well, you didn't miss your fav holiday after all. ;) Hope Solee is feeling better, that is so scary... call us when she is and we'll play!
Why do kids have to give scares like that. Glad she is ok also! That is neat about your dads car too!
I am so sorry for your rough week! I did laugh at the end though at the thought of Bonnie trying to help Nate out! Love you!
Devin said that he was suprised to see you guys on Sunday!! I am SO sorry she was sick...Paityn was sick this weekend too!! No fun! There is virus's going around all over the place! Ugh. I hope she is doing better. I thought of you this week wondering how Lake Powell was. We need to see you real soon! It's been awhile and we can't go too long without a Simpson fix! ;)
Post a Comment