Here is a wonderful vegan (also purely raw) recipe that I am still obsessed with. This recipe is so filling and SO good for you. I can barely eat one whole piece (and that's saying a lot, cause I can usually put food away).
I found it in my Domino Magazine.
BLUEPRINT PUDDING

For the Pudding: Makes 2 cups (8 servings)
4 Bananas, peeled and sliced
1 Avocado, sliced
4 or 5 pitted Medjool Dates
To Serve:
1 Loaf Manna Bread (I like Cinnamon Date manna bread)
Fresh or Raw Almond Butter
Blueberries and Strawberries sliced (or whatever berry you have would be yummy)
To make pudding, combine bananas, avocado slices and dates into a food processor and pulse until pureed. For each serving, cut two 1/3'' thick slices of bread and spread each with a thin layer of almond butter and about 2 tablesoons (or more, wink wink) of the pudding. Top with berries.
Pudding can be stored in fridge in airtight container to 2 days, put plastic wrap over top to prevent discoloration.
I usually make half the recipe for just myself for couple days. It's wonderful. TRY IT TODAY!
p.s. All the ingredients can be found at Good Earth. The manna bread is in the freezer section (manna bread is considered raw bread) and the Medjool dates are in the Bulk Foods section. You have to pit the dates yourself, but it's easy!
2 comments:
okay this sounds yummy! i may have to try it since i am trying to eat more than just cookies lately.
i searched and searched my grocery store for pitted dates today with no luck...where did you get them...are they just hidden somewhere in the grocery store? help.
I am a sucker for recipes with fresh ingredients. I am going to be trying this for sure.
p.s. Congrats on another girl. I am so convinced I will never grow anything but dingles and berries.
Post a Comment