
Dang. This may have well been what my front yard looked like before I got my gloves on, grabbed a few garden tools, and taught my yard who is boss this morning. Who's the boss? Me. That's who.

After 2 and a half hours of pulling relentless weeds, I was pretty sure the baby in my tummy was sick of getting smashed (squatting position is neither flattering to the figure, nor conducive to comfort during pregnancy), my back was threatening to give out and Solee was pretty sure she'd danced around enough and jump off enough rocks. So what does a genius like me do? Get in the hot tub. Tired pregnant lady and tired toddler, plus 98 degree water, equals EXTRA tired. I seriously could barely keep my eyes open, I was really worried I'd just pass out and Solee would have to fend for herself. After an hour, I finally convinced her to get out. She nearly fell asleep on the floor. After a 3 hour nap on both our parts, we are feeling pretty good. My back is SHOT, but garden jungle has been tamed.
Until we meet again weeds......watch your back.
2 comments:
I know exactly how you feel! Our weeds are uncontrollable!
Way to go Meri!! You tell them who's boss!! Now, go tell my yard who's boss...apparently it's trying to keep up with the vacant lot next door. Ugh!
Post a Comment