8.20.2008

Solee's First Camping Experience

I don't feel quite right about blogging with the Blog Queen in the hospital, but I'll make a go of it anyway.

Last Friday night Nate, Solee and I went camping up above Kamas. We needed a break from the monotony of our usual Friday regimen (Dinner out, rent movie). We got it. It was a little intense, having a huge campfire around a wobbly toddler, but she did her best to stay away from it, and we did our best to catch her when she got too close. We almost forgot our sleeping bags (whew), but we DID forget something to sleep ON, which made for a long and bumpy night. Even Solee said "Ground too hard Mom." She may have picked that up from me however. But we had a GREAT time. Nate is such a strapping manly man, he makes outings like this easy as pie for me. 

Cutie patootie (you know you love those two giant front teeth, she got 'em from me, space between them and all.).
Helping Dad set up the tent.
Posing by the fireside. A little free advertising for Minute Maid in the background. 
Extra posing by the four-wheeler. I look like a marshmallow, in every sense of the word. 
On a ride the next day. She fell asleep on our ride, I don't know how, but she did. I couldn't stop laughing. I had a great time four-wheeling too, but thought it ought to be my last ride seems how our baby is going to come out with pre-baby shaken syndrome. Whoops.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Fun fun and cute pictures. Ok Solee is like 5 years old holy cow I need to see the girl and Savannah misses her dearly...

Lynley said...

Holy cow! Solee looks like a little girl!

Meghan said...

How fun! It's been such a long time since we tried to brave it in the wilderness. ;)