Last nigh we had our good buddies Jen, Devin, and Paityn over for pizza.It was a blast. Too bad Devin had to split early. I got the recipe for the dough off the Nie Nie Dialogues. I went to Jen's house earlier that day, and she ground the wheat for me, so it was FRESH whole grain wheat. So, when the Birds showed up at our house to eat, guess who hadn't even made the dough yet? Ya, me. So, Devin and Paityn waited so patiently while I scrambled around to make the dough. Meanwhile, Jen is slicing the cheese and other toppings, cleaning, emptying my dishwasher, and you name it. Finally the dough was ready, so I (being completely baking impaired) began slapping the dough around like a confused monkey. Jen (being the professional sweetheart that she is) loving offered to roll it out for me. She did it no sweat, jut like Martha would have done. Then we topped them off with the toppings that JEN had sliced. So basically (actually, no REALLY) Jen did all the work. She ground the wheat, sliced all the toppings, she rolled out the dough, she did the dishes, emptied the dishwasher and still found the time to give my daughter a hug and hold her for me (since I was running around doing who knows what?). So, really, JEN made some pretty dang good pizza last night. I was lucky to observe. We made two yummy choices, one was a Ghiradelli Pizza (Pier 49 style) with Alfredo, fresh mozza, Canadian Bacon and Pineapple, and the other was a half and half. Half pepperoni, onion, basil and marinara, and half fresh mozza, onion, basil, garlic butter and tomato. YUMMMM.... Good job Jen. So what's for dinner tonight??
This is a not-so-good pic of the pizza

Jen and I decided that we should definitely blog about the sweet success of pizza night. Yes, we are blogging nerds.
4 comments:
K so I officially don't like that picture now that I've seen it better. I need to take some lessons on how to be photogenic. ;-) But heck, the pizza was to die for yummy!! Devin ate tons when he got home. Thanks again for the invite. You can grind wheat any time...especially for that yummy pizza!!
i am so happy it worked! looks delish!
We made pizza last night too! They didn't look as good as yours (well....jenn's.haha) but still yummy. You should try pita pizzas. All the toppings on pita bread, pop er in the oven for 10 minutes and whaa-la! Delicious.
Looks so good! Much better than what we usually have...for us, pizza is either made for us or frozen. :P Certainly not as fun as that!
Post a Comment