9.14.2007

My Little Squirt is Sick Today...


WHAT THE HECK! How does one go about preventing their child from getting ill? I swear, I feed her only the best foods (95% of the time), mostly organic stuff. She gets plenty of outside time and lots of sunshine and exercise . She sleeps very well...yet in the last 4 months or so the kid has been sick twice! Wednesday night was the worst. She started throwing up around 11pm, then every ten minutes or so she would throw up again, and again and again. She did this for almost 2 hours. We wound up falling asleep together on the floor on a towel, provided by Nate who spent the whole night cleaning up after her. The towel was there to catch it (you know what).We ran out of towels, thats how bad it was. It was so sad. SO sad. Then yesterday morning she had a 101 fever, so I was carrying her everywhere, and she started to throw up, so I leaned her over the sink, but that made her mad so she clung to my neck and turned her head and throw up went all up my neck, down my arm, all over my hair and all over the floor. EVERYWHERE. No joke, everywhere. It was pretty interesting to say the least. But she seemed to feel better last night, cause she kept hopping up on our stage in our movie theater and dancing for Nate and I. It was a the cutest thing ever. I know, lots of Moms have had it worse (Katie, waiting for you to top this one, I am sure you have a story somewhere). Anyone have any ideas on how I can keep my kid sickness free, without anti-bacerials and total sterilization? Does she just have a fever? I haven't taken her to ANY public pools either, I am stumped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear friend,i cant top that!Tannon has never really thown,up.but i do have an idea that might help.we have been giving Tannon this juice for about 6 mon.and he has only had that one earinfection.and he is around kids every day.it could help!call me.lov ya.katie

Jaime Stephens said...

ohh poor Solee. I don't think it's anything you did or didn't give her it just sounds like a yucky bug or something poor girl!! Give Solee kisses from us. Sad to hear this. That yucky thing isn't just in public pools though they banned our pool just to be safe so maybe hold off the swim lessons until the crappy thing kryptoblahblah thing is gone...

Lula. said...

How sad for you three! I'll bet you were (maybe still are) exhausted. Being so new to this momma biz, I've got nothin for ya but sympathy. GOod luck!