1.05.2009

Shooting for Extra Crispy-OVERDUE

Well, as you may have guessed, NO, I have not had my baby yet. I am officially OVERDUE.
BUT! I did happen to get a nice rash around both my eyes! Yes, a rash that goes from the top of my eyebrows to the bottom of my cheeks. It kinda feel like someone rubbed sandpaper all over my eyes and cheeks. It also looks like I have been crying. Hard. For a real long time. People keep asking me if I'm ok, and telling me not to worry "The baby will come when she comes".... NO- FREAKING- DUH.
Oh well.
I am pretty sure it's not Melasma (pregnancy mask),  I think it's just an allergic reaction to some new face lotion. I tried to take a pic of it for you, but you couldn't see it in the picture, it's just a nice light redness all over my eyes and cheeks. Lucky me.
BUT, the doc did say that the baby is coming out on Wednesday morning, whether she wants to or not. So, there we go. A light at the end of the tunnel. 
I am actually kind of glad for the kid. It's just that much further away from Christmas, and I want that for her. Nobody likes to share a birthday with Christmas, it's no fun (although it should be. Celebrating your birthday with the savior of the world and all. I know, I know). 
So, there you go. A little update on me. Hopefully the next time you check this blog, I'll have a pic of a new little chubby faced girl on it. 
Speaking of chubby faced girls, I know I must be on crack, but I am showing you a pic of what I ACTUALLY look like right now, not one of those strategically taken photos where I look semi-decent. As you can see, yes, I am 9 months pregnant and looking the part (a little too well):
Chubby Swollen Face? Check.
Chubby Swollen arms, legs,  and butt? Check.
Squinty eyes due to extra chubby cheeks? Check.
Fingers like sausages? Check.
Puffy swollen feet? Check.
Saggy HUGE boobs, that will only get bigger? Check.  
I would say that I am ready, wouldn't you?
But doesn't Nate look SO handsome? Check. (poor guy, how did he get stuck with me?)

P.s. Photo courtesy of New Years and Meghan Sonnenberg, hostess extraordinare. She really takes good pictures, I just happened to ruin this one. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, the man got "stuck" with you because he once wisely realized that you were the woman of his dreams and the perfect mom for his kids. Bloated or no. Smart guy, huh?

I'll send some nice birthing thoughts your way Wednesday morning (accounting for the time difference). Yeah baby!

Dkole said...

I'm sorry! That baby girl is going to be one cute chubby thing. Maybe she will weigh as much as my babies? My babies don't drop until my water breaks. Good thing Donna hasn't waited on that.

Can't wait to see you and baby girl!
Loves

Meghan said...

You are so full of crap. :P There are women all over the country dying to look like you at a very ripe 9 mos. :) Good luck tomorrow!!

Me said...

my daughter was a week over, so i feel your pain (plus it was in the heat of summer!!!). Good luck with everything.

Haley Warner said...

Can't wait for the news! Good luck! :)

Galo Fab 5 said...

Boo hoo. Most of us would love to look like you anytime. :) Good luck with that baby. It's Thursday and haven't heard anything.

Kabe and Cass said...

Shut up already! you look amazing in that picture! And who does your hair? I love the way it shines in the light. I can't wait to see your little one. I saw a pic but its not the same. Good luck with the two kid thing. Haha