
Don't say diet and exercise, I KNOW THAT (it would be a lame answer, ok?). I'm working on the diet part, but nursing makes me hungrier than a bear that's been hibernating for 12 years- so the diet portion is a work in progress. The exercise thing is going slow but good, (I am taking it super easy- like stretching ONLY, so don't freak out), but I am SO weak.
I wish I were cool and could fit in my jeans by 6 weeks (like EVERY SINGLE one of my friends), but last time it wasn't like that, it was more like 8 months.
SO, I am throwing this out there. Anyone have anything that they do that seems to help? You know...to shed the pounds a little faster, a little better, etc?
I hate to ask, but I don't want to spend another summer all covered up.
I want to ENJOY the summer, not hide from it.
PLEASE? Help me?
11 comments:
'Scuse me? When exactly did you give birth? Like 5 minutes ago? I dont' know about the States, but here we're are inundated by the doctors to take it easy. No dieting, and easy on the exercise for the first few months since all the joints and ligaments will be loose from the hormones for a while yet. So. Just nurse a bunch, and take it easy. Come summer I'm sure you'll be a hot mama regardless.
Oh PLEASE! What are you? Three weeks post-partum? You aren't even aloud to talk about it until you are 12 weeks post-partum!
Easy for you to say Lynley! You're one of those people slipping their jeans on at 6 weeks!
Drink lots of water, get a good book/magazine, put your feet up and ENJOY your new baby! It took 9 months to put the baby weight on so don't expect it to all come off at once plus you should be resting right now to let your body try and heal and not even worry about that!
Be thankful you won't have to lose double the weight like yours truly. THAT will be a challenge.. your body is a rock.. you'll be fine in no time.
your a nerd... Pretty sure you don't have to worry
Ok, no one else seems to be taking you seriously, but I totally feel your pain. :) I gain obscene amounts of weight each time I'm pregnant and I definitely don't just bounce right back.
So here's what's worked for me: Stay away from starchy foods like white potatoes--replace them with sweet potatoes with a little butter and garlic salt (not marshmallows and sugar obviously or you're working against yourself), make sure if you're buying bread at the store that each slice has at least 4g of fiber, refuse to consume ANYTHING with high-fructose corn syrup, and if the label says "partially-hydrogenated" run away- fast.
I'm not really hardcore about exercise but I feel skinnier when I eat well. It might just be in my head but I SWEAR this makes a big difference. Also, when I'm dieting I refuse to be hungry. Ever. I'm willing to eat healthfully, but I will not go without. So in the evenings I snack on anything green. Seriously--I just finished up a bowl of sauteed brussels sprouts sprinkled with a little bit of fresh parmesan cheese.
Long comment I know. Good Luck! Your children are absolutely beautiful. AND post-partum or not, you're still one of those pretty girls I'll always covet from afar.
THANK YOU ERIN! Finally. I didn't post my worries to have a faux sob party for myself, I was really curious!
Ha Ha, you make me laugh. I did yoga 3 times a week after McKay. Its really easy on your body, and you push yourself as much as you feel right. Yoga is great, and it seems to slim you in just the right places. Plus, they have yoga and baby...some weird stuff but it was fun for me and my little guy! But, I agree with the rest of the bunch! you've got time...and you look great!
Meri I am with you sista It took me a year to drop the 60lbs from Zack. I think you look great but I know you have to feel good too. So When you are ready I would love to go to the gym with you like the good old days.
I also hate the skinny people!!!
Meri,
I am a little late with this but I thought I would chime in. I only gained about 33 with my guy but while I was breast feeding I could NOT lose any weight! It sucked. So what worked best for me was to just stay far away from sugar and starchy foods, white flour, things like that. Like your other friend said, I hated feeling hungry so I would always have almonds (soo good at curbing hunger and way good for you), fruits, dried fruit and veggies to snack on. Also, oatmeal in the morning makes you feel full until well into the afternoon. I stayed away from carbs late in the day and drank lots of water. It seemed to work well then and does now for me. Good luck, you are beautiful and you'll get there! Your little one is also beautiful.
Post a Comment