So, I've been to the pediatrician today for Vivian's 2 week check up and he said he expects RSV to hit it's peak in the next 2 weeks. He said it is crazy dangerous for little babies (and that concerned me, having a little baby of my own and all).
His 3 tips for making through RSV season unscathed:
1. WASH HANDS really really good, always.
2. Breast feed your baby. Natures anti-biotic.
3. BE A HERMIT. (His exact words).
He suggested that I personally (given Vivian's track record already of having acid reflux so bad that she needs a respiratory monitor on ALL the time, a quick visit to the E.R. at midnight on Saturday for a breathing rate of 88 breaths a minute- to find out she has some fluid in her lungs- it's a virus and she should be ok, AND getting her own oxygen tank today because of the choking spells she has while she's eating- she turns blue- she did it for the doctor today, due to acid reflux. Whew.) stay home for 2 MONTHS. Me, home for 2 months? Yikes. I don't even like to stay in the state for 2 months, let alone HOME. So, if you are COMPLETELY germ free (and I mean in EVERY WAY, shape and form) please come visit us. We've had our bumps in the road, but things are just going to get better...

My juicy little lump of baby (and hair). I could seriously eat her up.
9 comments:
Isn't RSV such a scare? I was so worried all winter long, then in February I thought whew! We made it through; just to find out that's the month it peaks!! We'll have to come and visit!
love you guys so much.
For your sake and Vivian's I hope these next 2 months FLY. Hard to stay in but so worth it. We'll plan to play with you!! (and try to help keep Solee busy!!)
Yay! Lot's of time for blogging ;-)
Vivian is so adorable, it makes me baby hungry all over again. Hang in there with staying home; my son has had RSV a few times and its not fun. Plus now theres more time for cute photos of your awesome girls.
ok so I've been complaining lately and not one of the things that have gone wrong are even comparable to what you just blogged about. Holy Crap Scary!!!! We will add you to our prayers!!!
We hope Vivian doesn't make any more trips to the ER.
she is so so cute and you look fabulous!!! i wish wish wish i could come and hang out. booo. miss you and love you.
So very cute!! I know the meaning of hermit now and it sucks. I'm going crazy!! Hope you find plenty of things to keep your sanity. If so, do you mind passing along some pointers? Hang in there though. It's worse having a baby in the hospital. Can't wait to see her!
PS- Don't you just love the whole oxygen thing? Poor little girl. Hope she keeps getting better!!
Post a Comment