These are just some of the lovely things that have happened to me since I became a non-dairy product eating, vegetarian. Did I mention that I am furious about the above list? Am I some sort of alien? Not meant to react normally to a completely healthy lifestyle focused solely on fresh fruits and veggies? Instead the opposite happens to me? Very, very, frustrating.
Nate loses 10 lbs. I undertake a whole list of problem I have never had. I haven't had heartburn since I was 8 months pregnant with Solee. What the? Zits? ( And no, I am 100% not pregnant.)
Seriously, being Vegan has not been working in my favor. For those who are, great for you. As for me, I ate pizza last night and a custard milk shake, and woke up weighing 3 lbs less than I have weighed in the last week and a half. Explain that to me.
This is the diary of a very upset girl.
(Above is pictured my usual lunch. Whole grain pita with vegan cilantro-curry dressing, romaine lettuce, cut up fresh yams, raw sunflower seeds, mushrooms, sprouts, tomatoes, jicima,and more sprouts. With baked yam on the side. All in moderation. Tell me, is this supposed to induce heart burn? I don't think so. I am a freak of Nature.)
12 comments:
I'm can't believe you both did this for so long! One thing way to go with great self control. I imagine that being one of the hardest things. Sorry about all of the Heart burn I PROMISE I feel your pain. I cannot believe you came all the way to my house and we missed you! THANK YOU for the adorable little dress she'll be smashing in it. Hey can we go to dinner now????
Brit
Oh sad! However, I have not noticed the visible things on the above list. :) You're looking as good as usual!
Hmmm, maybe you're eating... the wrong... kind... of veggies?? ;)
Oh my gosh. I would have cried/died. I hate when my efforts at being healthier go south. I know the number on the scale shouldn't matter but let me tell you in my mind it does. I feel great one day-wake up, weigh myself...if it's up I PANIC! I all of the sudden feel like I am busting out of my clothes and am unrecognizable. Anyway, as you can see I am overboard but you ALWAYS look great and I am there with you that the husband always gets the better end of the deal. We'll get Krispy Kremes. I'll eat 2, maybe, Brian will have the rest of the dozen or 2 dozen (he's a little crazy with those things and we have great coupons) and I end up being the one who gains weight. Aghhh! Glad you are back to pizza and other enjoyable cuisines!
That is crazy! I am sorry... But looking on the bright side you get all the yummy dairy and meat and you don't even have to feel guilty because your body likes it better. It was good to run into you tonight hope you had fun :-)
Seriously, I am amazed that you stuck with it for so long. I would never be able to do that. And how frustrating that all it did was make you more uncomfortable!..but really, way to go on the self control!
Well there goes any desire I may have had to go vegan (don't worry there really wasn't any). Just proves that guys can lose weight so much easier than girls - totally not fair.
There was a study that they showed on TV that people who ate yogurt after their meals lost more weight than people who didn't. A little dairy is good for you...unless you're allergic.
you are so funny! Even though you are furious and a recovering vegan-holic...i am laughing inside..don't hate me. Thanks for the girls night! Im so happy you are my new friend.
Oh no! You are not alone, I am EXACTLY the same way with the heartburn problem! I did a raw-fruits & veggies diet (with a little pasta and a few pitas) before I was pregnant with baby #2 and I've never had WORSE heartburn in my entire life.
That sucks, but still, props for you for your effort! I admire you!
I have a cousin, an adult cousin, who is convinced that research is on its way that will indicate that vegetables are useless and candy has all the necessary, uh, nutrients. I think she'll be awfully pleased to hear of your not-so-great Vegan experience.
See pizza and icecream are the only way to go. I am sorry it wasnt the best thing but now you can eat all the good food again!
Mer, no worries! Be proud of yourself for trying something different, and by the way you look just as good as ever! You guys need to get down here to the sunny south so we can hang out some more. Its been a while, both since we've seen you and since I beat Nate in ping pong!!! Tell him I see that and good job on losing 10lbs. Take care and peace out.
Dev
Post a Comment