1.17.2008

Bottled Water-No More


I am the BIGGEST bottled water fan you know. I have been feeling guilty about it too. You see, it is SO wasteful. Why use up sone plastic when I have cupboards full of glass cups and bottles.I offset this of course by recycling all my water bottles and anything else I can get my hands on, but still, doesn't make me feel better. Here is some info that may shock you, and this is just one of the many articles I have read about banning bottled water:

Bottles by the numbers-MSNBC.com
"Only about 12 percent of "custom" plastic bottles, a category dominated by water, were recycled in 2003, according to industry consultant R.W. Beck, Inc. That's 40 million bottles a day that went into the trash or became litter. In contrast, the recycling rate for plastic soft drink bottles is around 30 percent."

This is just a HEADS UP for all of you out there. As soon as my basement storage of bottled water runs out, that's it for me. I am repenting. What are YOU doing?

6 comments:

Lynley said...

You are SUCH a tree-hugger! Just kidding, I agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Meri. I agree with you. I am so glad you found our blog. :) We love checking yours. We have also found so many of our old Springville connections through your blog. Isn't blogging fun? Your little girl is so adorable. I am so glad you guys are doing well. We miss Springville. :)

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

i got a water distiller put in...check it out meri you might like it..once you do- there is no turning back it is the best

Kristy said...

Way to be green! I love it . I totally agree and have been recycling everything I can. Love that you can be my tree hugging friend.

Lindsay said...

I found an article on this lately too out of a fitness magazine. you wouldn't believe how much money you save if you don't drink it. Another reason besides the environment.

Meghan said...

Wow! No more bottled water for me! (now if I can convince steve)