11.17.2008

This Man Loves His Wife

Wait, wait, wait a minute. This picture is not at all as disturbing as it looks. Believe me, I know how it looks, but this story is too funny not to share. 
So Nate has a a SERIOUS snoring problem, so much so that he regularly gets his trashed kicked at night by his angry wife. You see when Nate is sleeping, he might as well be in a coma. You can try to wake him up, talk to him, shake him, even smack him, but it rarely does anything. SO, you can imagine my frustration when I try to roll him onto his side at night, 10-15 times per night. I feel bad for being so hostile with him in the middle of the night, but for those of you who know me, you know that I am NOT a nice person when woken up. And I can no longer function on 4 hours of sleep a night. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!
So after many attempts at Breath Right Strips, nasal spray, and ear plugs I finally did some internet research. Come to find out that MOUTH TAPING is not only very inexpensive method to stop snoring, but also avery effective one as well. That's right, taping one's mouth shut. All night. Mouth taped shut.  
He got home and I told him the big plan, want to know what he said? "Sure, of course! Whatever I can do." We were both laughing at the image of Nate sleeping with his mouth shut and couldn't wait to see if it worked. 
So that night he let me tape his mouth shut. Lots and lots of paper athletic tape. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Nate would have laughed if he could of. He nodded that he was fine, and quickly fell asleep (by quick, I am talking 15 seconds to REM cycles, it's amazing). After I brushed my teeth, I couldn't help but snap of pic (while laughing uncontrollably) of my sweet, kind, selfless husband as he slept, being forced to breath through his nose for MY sake. People talk about true love, but this is it. 
You wanted to know if it worked?

No.
It did not.
Back to the drawing board.
Poor guy.

12 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh... that is HILARIOUS. And also very sweet of him to be so willing to try anything. :)
Hmmm... my bro in law got surgery for that very problem, I'll ask him how it went and if it cured the problem... more importantly I'll ask his wife. ;)

L'erin said...

My stomach hurts so bad from laughing right now. I'm violent when woken, as well. I feel for ya.

Me said...

I feel your pain! My husband is a snorer and it drives me nuts. I go through the same kicking and smacking to try and wake him up enough that he quits for a minute. Let me know what you find out in your "research".

Jen Bird said...

I am laughing so hard! I can't believe he agreed to it, I think I'd be claustrophobic. :) What a good and caring husband! I can only imagine you trying to take that picture...

Jaime Stephens said...

That is hillarious I love Nate even more that really is true love

Lula. said...

Hahahahaha. That is seriously hilarious. What a kind husband.

{Erica} said...

Meri...that is hillarious that he would even try that...although I think my husband would as well.

Anyway, my hot husband has snoring problems as well...add that to my light sleeping and it's no bueno.

Seriously the snore strips (costo) work. Sometimes they don't but I think it's because you have to place them just right on the nose. Try those out....

Then maybe tape his mouth and his nose? :) Pretty sure that'd get him to stop snoring...

Nielson's said...

I can totally relate.. My husband has the same problem! Good to know that didn't work. let me know if you find something!

Haley Warner said...

I can't believe it.. okay, I can.. Aaron is kicked and pushed all night also because of his snoring.. it seems to be worse in this weather. Heaven help us.

Anonymous said...

SO FUNNY!!! I can't get jim to stop snoring either- let me know if you find a cure. Maybe I will tape his mouth shut!!! I tell him you told me to.:) see ya tomorrow you TWERD!!!!!

Natalie said...

I can't believe it didn't work..snoring is so annoying. You have a very kind and patient husband. Hope you find a solution.

A balboa bar is a an ice cream bar dipped in hot fudgey chocolate and then covered with nuts, sprinkles, toffee bits, whatever you choose...they seriously delish. Next time your in Newport you must try one.

Kristen said...

um, ya, he's a keeper... clay snores and it drives me nutty too! let me know if you find a cure!
it's been a while since i've visited your blog.. i'm glad a caught you before going private!
kdegraff@gmail.com
oh, and i LOVE your title picture!!! you are so gorgeous!