10.09.2008

Las Vegas and Pestering the Pregnant Lady

It must have been a long week, staring at my last post thinking "Is she dead or what?" My internet has been down and we have been gone. Whoops.
Nate had to go to Las Vegas for business, so Solee and I tagged along for the Sunny 95 degree weather and The Bellagio swimming pool. Fun. Relaxing. 
I know this is a great shot of Nate. This is the Bellagio Gardens "Halloween" set up. Pretty neat.
Solee was the Photog for this pic.
We've stayed at the Bellagio a hundred times, but NEVER have been on this side of the Hotel. This was our view. It was pretty spectacular, especially at night.
Solee had a ball at the GIANT M&M Store on the strip. Who buys a solid gold M&M?

Las Vegas was intersting this time around. Why? Well, because of all my great conversations with complete strangers. To sum up the gist of ALL of my conversations with people in the elevators and shops in Las Vegas, I will write it in a little script it:
Random Stranger: "What a daring little girl!"
Me: "Thank you."
RS: "Oh! WOW! looks like another one is on the way, really soon too!"
Me(trying to force a courtesy smile): "Actually, not for another three months."
RS: "WOW! That is a BIG BABY!"
Me(wondering why these people never had a Mother who taught them common courtesy and to leave the fat pregnant lady alone.): "Yes, yes, she is, and she feels big too."
RS (Oblivious): "Wow! Look honey (elbows spouse), she's not due for another 3 months"
Me: (Wanting to die.)
Side note: Mom says she was the same way with #2,3,4,5 (whew, I'm not a freak of nature).
When we got home, we had a little School of Rock. Solee and her cousins put on quite the show. 




4 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

fun fun.. Some people and the words that come out of there mouths wow they crazy... Looks like you guys have some serious school of rock going on.. Solee is so cute!

Lynley said...

Wow! Where do these people come from?!

Meghan said...

Glad you're back! Yeah, love the comments pregnant women get... It should just be known that you don't ever comment on the size of a pregnant belly. Ever.

Jen Bird said...

I feel like you've been in Vegas for so long!! I was just thinking today 'are they back yet?' I can't believe people say stuff like that..people are so gutsy!