5.14.2008

Skin Questions



I just ran out of my Arbonne facial care stuff, and am now looking for a cheaper solution to no zits and no oily face. Arbonne is good, but It's $$$.  Anyone have any recommendations for a facial care system? Good face wash and awesome moisturizer? I am curious. I have been looking at Philosophy? Anyone tried that?

12 comments:

Mauri said...

I just started using philosophy, and so far I really like it. I have some friends who use it who love it and say it works really well.

Lindsey Lee said...

So i used to love proactiv...(this is coming from a girl with HORRIBLE skin so you might just want to delete this comment since you seem to NOT have the same prob) anywho...i use acne free now. I get it at target. It has a moisturizer too but i use a different one that has sunscreen in it. I really like it, its cheap and seems to work well!!

Matt, Christie & Adilyn said...

Meri.. all I have to say is please let me know!(mcgammell@msn.com) I ran out of a face wash called glycoic foam wash from neo strata and it is way pricey? too. and my skin needs help. Thanks for blogging about it. I'm excited that necia got married it was fun to see her bridals tell her I think she was a gorgeous bride.

Kass Martin said...

Looks like your trip was so fun. I need a vaca so badly. I use Cetaphil so I'm no help to you. I have the most sensitive skin on earth so that's where I'm at. Let us (bloggers in the blogging world) know what you decide on. I may need to give it a whirl.

Megan said...

Contact Buffy (Worsley) Bandley. She's an aesthetician!

Jen Bird said...

Wish I knew, but as soon as you do spread the word. I still feel like a teenager sometimes, ugh. And I think you'll be coming to St. George tomorrow. Yippee!! I'll call you later!

Anonymous said...

This may sound crazy but the kirkland face wipes are amazing! I have tried many different things and these work the BEST!!! I also us Glymed tissue reapir cream and it is so so so good!

Jaime Stephens said...

I am a little weird because I use mary kay and I like it...

Natalie said...

So, I know I might be a bit biased...being an aesthetician, but be careful! In my opinion Philosophy is okay...not the greatest. One of my favorite lines is Image Skincare, it's a really good professional product and it's not too pricey. There's a good variety of products you can check them out at www.imageskincare.com. You can buy it at Bon Losee or Dr. Charles Stewart's office in Provo. Take this with a grain of salt...i'm a bit passionate about this and I know not everyone feels it is as big of a priority as I do.

Hope you're doing well!

Buffy Bandley said...

Hey Meri! I am so glad you contacted me! How are you guys? I hope well. It is hard to recommend something to you without knowing your skin type. Philosophy is ok. I haven't used it personally but I have heard that it is a lot of "fluff" and not much active ingredients. Natalie is right about Image. Their Ageless line and Vital C line is great. The Image Vitamin C Serum is a really good anti aging moisturizer that is not too heavy. Their SunScreens are great too! But if you ask me, my very favorite product is a line called NuCelle. It is not a widely known line, but the NuCelle Mandelic 10% Serum is by far my favorite product ever. (I worked for SkinCareRx.com and have used about 1000 different products). No matter what your skin type is, the 10% serum will improve it dramatically. You will see a difference after 1 time of using it. You can get it at SkinCareRx.com. Enter SAVE10 duriing checkout and you will get 10% off. I also have the NuCelle product for sale at my home in Provo. ( I can give you a sample to try first before you purchase.) Once I finish setting up my spa room, Ill be getting Image in as well. Sorry for the information overload. Good Luck! :-)

[Morgan] said...

I second the above from Buffy about NuCelle. Buffy recommended it to me and I've been using it for a couple of years and I love it. It's done wonders for my skin, especially right after pregnancy.
Your skin looks beautiful just the way it is! Maybe you just need a light moisturizer...
Hope you don't mind me reading your blog now and then, you always have great posts and ideas!It's good reading! lol.

Taralee said...

I use Clinque...have for 3 years. It's kind of expensive, but the bar lasts me FOREVER! Just thought I'd let you know. Arbonne is my favorite...but like you said, I don't want to give my right arm and my first born in order to have good skin! ;)