8.30.2010

Happenings

Sorry to leave things on such a serious note for the last 2 weeks.
MOVING ON.
Here is the lighter side of what we have been doing lately.
Nate went back to Asia for 2 weeks (from August 9-24th).
This time around I said
"There is NO WAY I am going to sit around and go crazy again while you are gone."
So I packed up my ladies and we went to St. George.
By Ourselves.
It was really, really, really fun
(minus the near death experience for Vivian).
But exhausting.
In a good way.

The girls had a BALL. The pool was the perfect size and they swam EVERYDAY, twice or more a day.
Here is a cute picture of Vivi who refused to take her sunglasses off one morning.

Here is an even cuter pic of my little snuggle bug, having some alone time with Mommy late at night. She was playing pee-a-boo with me.
She melts my heart.
("Reunited and it feels so good...")
Crazy thing! We last went to St. George around the beginning of June and stayed at the Ramada. Solee's Prince Charming Barbie somehow did not get put in her suitcase and he was M.I.A. when we got home. So I took a leap of faith and called the Ramada while we were down there and THEY STILL HAD HIM!! Solee was SO excited.
To say the least.


Cute girls swimming.
(the SAFE way)
Vivi HAD to have goggles too, cause her super cool big sis had some.


Gotta love Solee.

(yikes!)
If I have ever wanted to adopt someone, it would be this gal below.
Kali Condie (the owners daughter of the house we stayed in. They came down and passed through on their way to Vegas to do some school shopping). She is the SWEETEST, nicest, kindest, most responsible girl I have ever met. Talk about a Mini Mom. She changes diapers for you when you are around her, BECAUSE SHE LIKES TO HELP YOU. She has a mothers instinct at the age of 14. She is FANTASTIC.
How fantastic you say? Well, she let Solee paint her nails one night, and instead of taking off the mess of polish on her nails, she stayed up until 11:30 pm REPAINTING them so Solee's feeling wouldn't be hurt in the morning. Hello? What 14 yr old does that?

Kali and Solee. Solee is so proud with her work.
This is a surprise I found in my girls pool at home one morning.
Poor thing. Too deep to paddle in, and too high to jump out of.
Luckily the girls never saw it. I was totally grossed out when I had to fish it out with a shovel and decontaminate the pool.
YUCK. Crazy yuck.
I told Nate he has to start learning to do hair cause I can't get ALL 3 of my little ladies ready every morning forever.
This is his very first attempt at pigtails. Not too shabby.
Look at him....so proud.
My friend Meghan just had baby #4, so I took 2 of her kids to park to play for a while. Solee loves Kanyon and Scarlet. Here they are doing tricks.
This is this morning. Solee's first day of School.
Vivi wanted to get in on the action and insisted on getting all dressed up with shoes and everything.
Just like her super cool, big sis.
(Solee still has tired eyes in this picture. Too cute).
Never buy your kids something that you don't absolutely love. Case in point: These sparkly shoes. Solee is OBSESSED with them. She has sworn to wear them EVERYDAY of the school year because she loves them SO much.
Oh boy. My bad.
She still looked adorable.
I love these little ladies. So much.
Can't believe that I am having another one in less than 6 weeks.
(eeeeeekkkkkk!)

4 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

Loved the update.. Your girls are too cute. That cat made me sick, yuck! Nate did do some nice pig tails.. 6 weeks holy crap..

Lula. said...

Solee looks SO OLD!
The cat? I would have cried.
I love the pig tails.
And I can't believe you are so close! But I'll bet it won't come soon enough for you!

This reads just like Jamie's comment... oops.

Matt, Christie & Adilyn said...

Your girls are growing up to so big.

L'erin said...

You are the cutest Mama Mer. Love those cute lil girls. They are lucky to have such great parents!!