This is how I felt this morning.
I am worn out now, from feeling this way.

Let me describe the past few weeks:
2 weeks ago: For work, Nate has "people" in from Kentucky ("People" meaning "Big Wigs" "Hot Shots" bla bla bla). Spends half the week in Kentucky, the last half with them in Utah. Not home. Ever.
Last Week: Nate leaves for Kentucky Mon-Sat. Comes home for 48 hours and then...
Monday: Leaves to Malaysia for 3 WEEKS. That's right. A full 21 days.
After a long, but not too bad week, I am feeling good this morning.
Vivian needed a bath right when she woke up (overflowed diaper), and as I was bathing her my back had a huge spasm and I fell on my knees. Back was out. Totally out. Can't bend over anymore, and being 4.5 months pregnant isn't helping the situation.
I was going to go to Solee's pre-school for her "walking report card". As I was getting ready, back out and all, Vivian (who had been being a little terror all morning) found a Q-Tip. I thought nothing of it, and let her continue to play with it (genius, I know).
2 minutes later I hear her scream.
I look down at her and she is rubbing her ear and freaking out.
Then I see the Q-Tip.
With no cotton head on it.
Oh $h#T.
"Mother of the Year"-right here.
I grab Vivian and apologize profusely (as if that did any good), and asses the damage.
Looks fine. No blood, no liquid, nothing. She is still crying pretty hard so I call the Doctor. They say to come in right away. I remember cute little Solee waiting for me at school, to show me all she has learned. My heart breaks.
I think "WHERE IS MY HUSBAND!!!!!!"
(Working his a$$ off, that's where.)
Call Mom. No answer. Call papa and remember that Grandpa is in St. George, Aunt is at work and so is Grandma.
LUCKILY, I have MAURI.
Oh Mauri. My life would be lost without you.
Mauri is my angel, my saving grace, my sister from another mister, my long time family friend and Nate's secretary (she's kind of forced to help me sometimes, poor thing. Although she is so gracious about it).
I'm crying when Mauri arrives (just because I earned the right, since I basically have been alone for around 3 weeks now and still have 2+ weeks to go and was feeling very overwhelmed and guilty. AND I'm pregnant, let's not forget).
Mauri goes to Solee's school for the "Walking Report Card", bless her giant, loving heart. I know Solee will be happy to see her.
I take screaming, super angry, teething, ear hurting baby to doctor.
Turns out Vivian DID hit the ear drum a little tiny bit, nothing a few days of drops can't fix. All is well.
We all will survive.
It was an eventful morning.
I know some people have it a WHOLE lot worse than me. I am very grateful that all this is do-able. Just hard.
I just had to tell someone.
Thanks for listening.
4 comments:
Oh Meri... you poor thing. :( I'm so sorry!! I wondered about you when I saw Mauri with Solee this morning. I'm glad Vivian is okay, but how are you?? I hope your back heals quickly! We'll have Solee come play on Monday after school next week. Maybe the better weather that we're supposed to get will help the next 2 weeks fly by for you guys.
ughh answer my phone calls I know the sometimes single mom blues and I am trying to help..
I am so sorry about your hell of a day. Glad to hear everything worked out!! I hope your back is feeling better! I hope vivis ears are all good.. And I sure hope Nate catches an early flight baCK!
oh my... ben was only gone for 3 days this week and I was in the worst mood when he got home becuase of it. you are a better woman than i handling all of that. SERIOUSLY... if there is anything I can do to help you with--- take your girls for an afternoon, whatev, LET ME.
I feel for you honey. It's the pits. Shouldn't we go all hippie, and move in together in a commune and help each other while tending to our organic gardens? I vote, yes!
Post a Comment