For those of you who do not know that I am talking about, click HERE.
Nate first introduced me to the world of Motocross when we were first dating (click HERE). I had never seen anything thing like it before. My family just never did stuff like that. It was kind of hard to get used to A: The sport itself and B: The people who attend these types of sporting events. Mostly B, was what I was weirded out with.
There are MANY different kind of people who go to motocross events (Governor Huntsman being one of them), but usually you are guaranteed at least an 80% majority of WT. Hey, I'm not saying I am any better than anyone else there, I'm a little WT in a lot of ways, I'm just saying.....it's interesting to watch hoochie mamas work it and drunk guys stumble around.
So last night was the SUPERCROSS, the semi-final race, and it was a good one. I will admit that Nate and I watch the races on the SPEED channel every Sunday night. James Stewart is the fastest man alive, I love him. Watching him go from dead last, to first in 3 or less laps is a sight to behold (see, I'm so WT). So we were all invested in the outcome, and I was screaming and jumping up and down. Good times. James won, so that was nice.
Mauri rode up with me. I just love Mauri. We don't know what we would do without her (Mauri is Nates secretary, but also happens to be one of our best friends, our best friends sister, and one heck of a babysitter). It was really cold, but at least it had stopped snowing by the time we got there. I was glad I talked Nate out of buying Rain Pants, he was sure he would need some. I had a good time trying to catch kettle corn in my mouth, hunting down the best snacks in the stadium and "boo"ing Chad Reed.
Being White Trash is never more fun than it is at a SUPERCROSS race. Here are some pics. Enjoy.
Nate, Me and Mauri (there were about 100 other people with us, I just failed to take their pictures).
That is a smoke ring in the sky, it's from the flame throwers that go off at the finish line. This particular ring had been in the sky for about 10 minutes. Yuck. Talk about unnecessary pollution.
Me and my BFF.
Mauri and I.
P.s. After read this post I realized that it is VERY poorly written and has many grammatical errors, but I am too lazy to re-write it so just look at the pictures.
4 comments:
Love WTing it up once in a while. I've been to one of those things once and since I love people watching, it's a good time. ;)
Oh and I guess I did graduate from Richfield High School where mullets and big trucks were all the rage... eek!
I'm loving your hair.. and Mauri's - You two are gorgeous. Call me.
I think our husbands are a lot alike. SPEED is a regular at our house. Although, I am a little sympathetic towards Chad. Poor guy is always in second. First Ricky and now Stewart.
You were at that WT event too! Cold and cool and kind of made me want to see my husband on that bike- wow!
Post a Comment