4.03.2009

FOOD!

I seriously cannot get food off my mind. That's what happens when you are dieting 'eh? So to completely torture myself what do I do? Watch Food Network 24/7.
It's enough to drive me insane. I am such a foodie it's ridiculous, so I don't know why I do that to myself. But today I was watching "Everyday Italian" and saw these recipes and HAD to pass them along, they just looked too freaking good.

Bruschetta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Honey

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
10 min
Cook Time:
15 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
6 servings



Ingredients

36 slices (1/2-inch thick) baguette bread, about 1 loaf 
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 
8 ounces Gorgonzola, sliced 
3 tablespoons honey

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. 

Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake until the bread 
is pale golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. 

Pancetta Biscuits

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Prep Time:
25 min
Inactive Prep Time:
hr min
Cook Time:
15 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
4 to 6 servings

Ingredients

Biscuits:

  • 1/4 pound pancetta, diced
  • 1 (8-ounce) box store bought biscuit mix
  • Buttermilk (in place of the liquid in the boxed biscuit mix recipe)
  • 1/4 cup shredded Fontina

Cinnamon-sugar butter:

  • 1/2 vanilla bean
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 stick butter, at room temperature

Directions

To make the biscuits: In a saute pan, heat the pancetta over medium-high heat and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes.

In a large bowl, make the biscuits according to the box instructions, using buttermilk instead of the suggested liquid. Gently stir in the pancetta and the cheese.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon the biscuit mixture onto the baking sheet and bake according to box instructions. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

To make the Cinnamon-sugar Butter: Cut open the vanilla bean lengthwise. Using the back of a knife, scrape along the inside of the vanilla bean to collect the seeds. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into a small bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Stir in the butter until well blended. Transfer to a serving bowl.

Serve the biscuits on a platter with the Cinnamon-sugar Butter alongside.

1 comment:

Felt Family said...

I think you're so cute and funny. When I was in Italy I'm pretty sure I had a taste of both. The second one is usually served for breakfast with Nutella. Italians really REALLY know how to eat. The reason why they are so skinny is because they really don't eat a huge dinner. They eat a huge breakfast, a moderate lunch and a moderate dinner--oh and ride their bike everywhere. But they don't consume a lot of meat but substitute it for drinking TONS of water. (this is a long comment) When I was there I gave up meat and focused on the fresh wonderful tasting food-like the full of carb breakfast item. I felt really healthy and really happy! I think you should bake it because anything Italian is DELICIOUS.