3.10.2010

Maui

Ok, Ok, I know it's been a while. Longest blogging break in the history of my blog. I just haven't felt like it, really, no good excuse. AND we went to Maui.
Maui was beautiful but.......EXHAUSTING.
Vivian is the WRONG age to take to Hawaii. Any chance she got she was darting to the ocean or throwing a tissy fit in public. It was REALLY hard and sharing a car and a condo with Nate's family made it harder too (for us AND his fam).
It was fun, but not THAT fun.
(I know I sound ungrateful but if you had been there, you would feel my pain).

This is what 5:45 AM Hawaii time looks like. Thanks for the wake up call Vivian.
Vivi did this (nap on the beach) only twice in the 8 days we were there. That probably accounted for the tissy fits in public and the refusal to act anything like a normal, loving kid.
Me and Solee in the waves (HA! I wish I had that body! That is Nate's Sister Nesha).
Studly Nate holding his little Sand Monster.
Solee and Viv waiting to eat at Bubba Gumps. Not my favorite place to eat, but Nate and I did ROCK at the Forrest Gump trivia. Our server ran out of questions to ask us cause we knew them all (I don't really know if I should be proud of that??)
My little FEATHER LIGHT sleeper passed out on the way home and we carried her from the car to the house, changed her diaper and her clothes and she never woke up once. It was AMAZING. She NEVER does that, so naturally I had to document it.
Sand Monster eating a sand covered orange on the beach. She still has sand in her ears.
Solee and Mom catching some rays. She didn't want her picture taken. Strange.
I went and bought a little Hula outfit for Solee especially for the Luau, BUT of course she didn't want to wear it. She begged me for one all week and then refused to wear it. I wasn't upset or anything....
Solee (Purple and blue stripped dress in the front-NOT in a Hula outfit, grrrr) learning to do the Hula at the Luau. Nate went up with her on stage and she said "Dad, go away. I want to be up here by myself". He said it didn't hurt his feelings, but I know better.
Me and the girls at the VERY cold and VERY windy Luau. Vivian was so tired and wouldn't stop making a run for it, so I spent the whole Luau in the back, chasing and dancing with Vivi.
This is our REDEYE flight home. This is that last flight from LA to SLC, after 8+ hours of flying all night. I think Vivians face pretty much sums up how we all were feeling (and she's half naked cause I'm a genius and only packed her a FLEECE snuggie suit to wear on the plane). Needless to say she woke up RIGHT when everyone on the plane had fallen asleep and started screaming bloody murder cause she was dripping sweat and her core temp was like 5 bazillion degrees.
It's moments like that that make you wonder "WHY ME GOD?".

All in all it was Beautiful. But on a scale of 1-10 of fun-ness, it was a 5.
Oh, and there was a TSUNAMI scare one day and we had to pack our bags and wait on a cliff for 7 hours in our hot car. So that was fun too. If you want me details on that story, let me know.

Good to be back.

6 comments:

L'erin said...

Feelin your pain mer. we went on a cruise when i was 7 1/2 mo preg and Nixon was 1 1/2yr old. NOT RELAXING! I was a HUGE whale chasing a toddler around. You and Nate need a serious date night now that youre home!

Meghan said...

Aww man! I wish it was better for you. I have to agree that Hawaii is better with kids when they are at least 18 months. We've taken both Kanyon and Scarlett when they were that age and it was tons of fun. Exactly the reason we didn't take the kids with us this year... Cohen would have been a nightmare.

And don't even get me started on red eyes... they are miserable when you don't have kids and just plain insane when you do.

You guys deserve a re-do!

Ashley Thalman said...

That last photo is unreal! Hilarious! What a trip.

Jaime Stephens said...

yay for the update. I love Solees sweet outfit I am bummed she didn't want to wear it at the right time too... Sorry about your trip maybe you were really just comparing it to the time you went to Hawaii with us...

Lula. said...

You seriously make me laugh. I sometimes think you should write a book. Just saying.

Haley Warner said...

Wow. Wow. Been there. I said I'd never go to Hawaii or FLY again with kids. And I haven't. My parents were in Hawaii during the whole Tsunami scare too. They were evacuated to an elementary school. Awesome.