11.24.2010

The New Simpson House

So basically...
My oldest sister and her family REALLY
wanted to live in Springville again (they lived in ALPINE)
Our house had everything they wanted in a house.
And it was in Springville.
My sister has lymphoma in her knee (and a lot of other places too)
and cannot walk without crutches.
So my brother-in-law said to Nate
"Hey,how much money do I need to pay you to move out of your awesome house." (Ok, not those EXACT words, but close).
At first we said "Not interested"
But as the offers got more and more ridiculous, we began to think
"hmmm...maybe"
Then one day it just got to be to much and we said
"That will do!"
So we moved to their house in Alpine with the option to buy it after a year if want to.
Why so fast you say?
Cause my sister (who cannot walk) needs a master bedroom on the main level of the house ASAP since she is in a lot of pain.
So we decided to do the sale/trade on Monday and moved out by Friday.
It was a whirlwind of craziness, but we couldn't have done it without the help of some amazing friends and neighbors.
I was really sad about it at first, cause you all know I put my blood, sweat and tears into the designing of that house, from the house plans down to the base boards.
I basically kicked and screamed all the way to Alpine.
(Jennie: Alpine is in Utah, about 40 minutes away from Springville)
But since we have lived here for a whopping 5 days now, I have to say that I REALLY like it.
Here's a sneak preview as to WHY that is:





You HAVE to see a view of the house from the back.
ALL RED WINDOWS.
AMAZING.
I will take more pics when I can find my snow boots in our mess of clutter and I'll take pics of the spa-like master bathroom as soon as my house looks like a house rather than a storage unit.
There you go!
More to come...

11 comments:

Chelsea Anne said...

I was just looking at your pictures and my boy said, "Is that the hotel we are going to?"--we're about to take off for Thanksgiving. Needless to say it's beautiful. And you're brave to move with such a tiny one.

Anonymous said...

What a story. Sounds like it may work out best for you all. I feel your pain, you know decorating a place for so long, really making the effort towards your own home. I'm afraid that as soon as I put the last lick of paint on the walls here, we'll be uprooted. LOVE the red window!

Jaime Stephens said...

LOVE IT! Can't wait to come see it.. Glad you are liking it!

Lula. said...

White kitchens are my FAVORITE.

That is some serious spur-of-the-moment decision making! Am I wrong in thinking that it has a similar feel to your Springville house, with how open the floor plan is and all? Can't wait to see the rest!

shannon said...

Darling!

Lindsay said...

I love love love it. I was wondering where you got your awesome sectional? We need to get our little babes together one of these days.

Matt, Christie & Adilyn said...

I can see why you were able to switch!! What a beautiful home... Hope its going well.

Ashley Thalman said...

It is a beaut!

[Morgan] said...

amazing story. amazing house!

Meghan said...

Gorgeous house! I'm waiting patiently for the invitation to come see it in person! ;) We miss you guys though... I've been thinking about you and hoping it's going well. <3

Kar said...

Gorgeous Meri! I can see why you are adjusting okay!;). I love reading all your musings! And I think I may have to get one of those "thingys" you let Gigi sleep, nap and play in!:). Love a girl!!!